View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
2 seasons into his career, and I'm still generally at a loss as to why his greatest strength prior to entering the NHL has yet to manifest itself. He has rarely passed the puck in the NHL with the kind of vision or creativity that he displayed in college. Even when racking up points with Gaborik, there was something missing. I think it'll be a shame if he can't develop that aspect of his game in the NHL, because that was easily the biggest asset he brought as an NCAA player.

He has become a reliable player away from the puck, more or less, and he has a shot, but those are secondary qualities for him. Or at least they need to be. I used to think it had something to do with Tortorella's instruction. I don't know what to think anymore. Hopefully, year three of his career will see him take a leap that allows him to feel more confident dishing the puck.
It does seem inexplicable, doesn't it? In college and at the WJC, it was like he was three moves ahead of everybody in a chess game. He was constantly finding ways to get the puck to teammates in open ice. He's still generally smart with the puck, but the anticipation doesn't seem to be there yet.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote