View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So LA's bottom 6 pairing would be our top 4 pairing? If that's the case we are in for another bad year. Martinez isn't any better than Lee. Is smaller than him and LH which we have a log jam of, I'd like our 3/4 to be Lee/Brewer. Lee looked good for us after we got him. Plus neither of those players are UFA's so why give up assets for them when we can sign bottom 6 guys much cheaper. We need to find someone to play with Hedman and move Brewer to 2nd pair. We have plenty of young 5/6 type players on the roster or in AHL. Now if it's a cap throw in a Bernier trade ok, but to try to get them isn't going to help our D.
Only reason those guys are in those roles are because Scuderi, Doughty, and Mitchell in front of them. Martinez is head and shoulders above Lee in production and actual talent. Lee at this point is a miscast top four who needs to grow and learn how to cut off lanes. He had a great first week and a decent second week and tailed off hard.

I don't know how you can say we have those guys in Norfolk now, because we don't. Barberio still needs work in his end (and supposed improvement in foot speed, but I don't see it) and Gudas looks solid but a guy without a lot of offense isn't going to get rushed in here. Ideally we'd get Voynov, but thats a pipe dream at this point.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote