View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Not like Hamilton is overflooding with good players. Let Jodoin figure out where he fits.

If the guy can make the AHL as a walk-on and get top 6 minutes in his rookie year, just sign the damn guy and figure out what's what.
That was Hamilton this year, now you have to think about Hamilton next year. Depending on what happens with Kristo and Quailer, if they turn pro then the Habs are looking at having 5 rookie forwards (Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Kristo and Quailer), along with 4 rookie defensemen (Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn) and the following have 1 year pro under their belt, Nash, Stjeskal, Berger, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Leblanc and Malka/DeSimone if they sign them. That's a lot of youth in the lineup as is, granted a few of them will surely have to see time in the ECHL, but that's likely the biggest incoming rookie class I have ever seen at least in some time.

So while I wouldn't be opposed to adding more talent, I think the new GM will need to be careful and take into consideration the amount of ice time our prime prospects will be getting next season. I'd rather see them have a clear thought out plan then just hey add this guy and we'll find room for him as the 50 contract limit could easily be tested depending on who they bring back but more important is the balance between younth/inexperience and having some vets that are going to take up ice time as well.

Whatever happens this summer, it needs to be done right this time around as we have some key parts of our future headed to Hamilton next fall and mistakes can not continue to be made with the development process.