View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I think Audy-Marchessault proved he was at least worth a look. It's all fine and dandy to say that some of the new guys need time and whatnot, but if JAM is a better player than a good deal of them, I have no clue why we'd shy away only to give some guys who are longer shots to make our team more ice-time.

Not to mention adding a legitimate top 6 forward to a team is never a bad thing when it comes down to results. Hamilton will be a better team for it, and a better team plays more hockey in Spring. Overall, I don't see the downside of signing him. He's definately better than all of our sophomore players except probably for Leblanc.
Well if the new GM thinks he's worth a shot that you bring him in but at the same time due to the 50 contract rule, where we will have to have some AHL vets to mix with all the youth will making adding FA's a little more difficult this off-season then in previous years.

If Audy-Marchessault is better then guys like Nattinen, Avtsin etc.. then great bring him aboard, but my point this that the new GM will need to have a good plan in place before bringing in any FA's at this point. Now if Kristo and Quailer don't turn pro then that opens 2 contract spots and so adding a FA makes sense.