04-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
It can be rationalized that, in the past Regier's bosses were okay with that complacency but his current bosses didn't and don't accept excuses that Regier previously got away with. In my line of work, we call that evolutionary pressure. Previously, he didn't have the pressure to adapt that is exerted now.

I don't really buy that, btw, but I don't think it's unreasonable.
Heh. He hasn't evolved, at least based on what happened this season. And expecting that to change is a tough pill to swallow. This off-season reminds me of '02 when he talked up getting tougher/more competitive and also making a splash at the draft. He managed to move up a bit to get Paille but couldn't get up to select the guy he wanted in Nash (possibly because his table was too noisy/excited to keep it under wraps and tipped MacLean off to what was happening). He swapped out Rasmussen for Mair and a couple of second rounders for Hecht. He failed to land Nash, he failed to land Grier who said they were trying hard to get him included in the Hecht deal and the "big changes" amounted to very little.

It's a bit like the Kassian/Foligno/McNabb drafting in one year and expect ONE draft to fix the lack of size and physical play for the entire development group.