Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
I see Gill as Craig Rivet 2.0

EDIT: LDS beat me to it
Yeah, he's not top of the list. He'd be a "in a limited role" type if they miss out elsewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them kick the tires on some younger guys who may not be as high on their development as their teams (or fans) would like. Ruff and his staff have had some success turning out some silk purses from sows ears over the years on the blueline. Granted, that's probably a doubly damning analogy, since they've turned out so many guys carrying silk purses too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
With Regehr, Weber, and McNabb potentially in the top 7 next year, I don't see the need for a Jackman/Gill type defensive defenseman.

Weber has taken some serious steps back. He was slow and out of position without the puck too often defensively and gifted the puck on turnovers at key times too often for me. I'd rather they let McNabb play his minutes and retain Sulzer while finding an update/upgrade for Leo than see Weber come back.