View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yeah, he's not top of the list. He'd be a "in a limited role" type if they miss out elsewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them kick the tires on some younger guys who may not be as high on their development as their teams (or fans) would like. Ruff and his staff have had some success turning out some silk purses from sows ears over the years on the blueline. Granted, that's probably a doubly damning analogy, since they've turned out so many guys carrying silk purses too....

Weber has taken some serious steps back. He was slow and out of position without the puck too often defensively and gifted the puck on turnovers at key times too often for me. I'd rather they let McNabb play his minutes and retain Sulzer while finding an update/upgrade for Leo than see Weber come back.
I feel this is getting a little offtopic, but you're a mod and can split it if necessary

But who might these young "buy low" candidates be? Cam Barker is a bust. I'd assume the Jets are still high on Zach Bogosian. Hickey from LA? Petrecki from SJ (I haven't followed his development much, so I don't know if he's been disappointing enough). In a sense, they may already have gotten one in Finley, although he's not NHL-close yet.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote