04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I feel this is getting a little offtopic, but you're a mod and can split it if necessary

But who might these young "buy low" candidates be? Cam Barker is a bust. I'd assume the Jets are still high on Zach Bogosian. Hickey from LA? Petrecki from SJ (I haven't followed his development much, so I don't know if he's been disappointing enough). In a sense, they may already have gotten one in Finley, although he's not NHL-close yet.
The first guy who comes to mind is Luke Schenn. If the Preds retain Suter, they have a trio of younger guys in Blum, Josi and Ellis (not interested personally but still) who could be of interest. Keith Aulie is probably less available now that Tampa plucked him for Ashton, but he has history with Myers and adds a pugilistic element from the backend. Nikitin from C-bus might be an option -- big guy, can distribute and is... well... big. Jamie McBain, Sabre Killer, may be available from Carolina... There are any number of options who aren't clearly on the scrap heap.