View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
The first guy who comes to mind is Luke Schenn. If the Preds retain Suter, they have a trio of younger guys in Blum, Josi and Ellis (not interested personally but still) who could be of interest. Keith Aulie is probably less available now that Tampa plucked him for Ashton, but he has history with Myers and adds a pugilistic element from the backend. Nikitin from C-bus might be an option -- big guy, can distribute and is... well... big. Jamie McBain, Sabre Killer, may be available from Carolina... There are any number of options who aren't clearly on the scrap heap.
Highly doubt Josi gets moved, he had a tremendous season for the Preds and is probably their #3 behind Suter-Weber right now. I like Blum more than Ellis, but my guess is so do the Preds. Nikitin has apparently been a good fit in Columbus (we would have needed to pluck him from the Blues), McBain I see no reason for Carolina to move.

Petrecki is a guy that interests me as a reclamation project. Former 1st rounder, but hasn't played an NHL game yet.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote