View Single Post
Old
04-17-2012, 04:58 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
By no means do I mean to downgrade Hextall here, but let's remember he played on the second best line in the NHL during his peak (Patrick-Watson-Hextall, after the Kraut line). He had one of the best playmakers in the league in Watson, and another strong playmaker from the wing in Patrick. Now I think you've done the same thing here too, but if you're going to downgrade Francis for playing on one of the best lines, then let's just keep that tidbit in mind on Hextall. Hextall was the best player on the line a majority of those years (not all, but most. For instance I think Patrick was probably better for two of them, but that's not the point), but if you're going to play that game, you should expect it right back if you're going to throw Hextall's goal numbers out there.
This will probably be my closing comment on the Francis situation , but I didn't say he was playing on the best line , I said he was playing with the best player , who outscored him.

Hextall did win scoring titles , so he was the best of the line sometimes , which is not the case with Francis.

Anyway I feel like we're going in circle with the Francis thing , seems everybody has their position on it so I'll start talking abo0ut other things I think I have an advantage on in this series.

I need a break as I've debated all day , see you later tonight guys.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote