View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
I really like Miller, but AHL stats mean little. Otherwise the Isles have a great third guy in Dieter Kochan - 4-2-3-1 1.62 GAA .936 SP. Now we all know the Dieter is not a good prospect, but a third stringer on a decent AHL team.

Miller has played in the AHL before. This is Lehtonen's first year in North America. Miller is 23 While Kari is 20. The fact that miller is doing much better haveing one year in the "A" under his belt and being 3 years older should not be left out.

Both are very good young goalies. Miller should be in the NHL except for the logjam in the crease at Bufflao. Lehtonen is comming along jsut fine for the Thrashers.

Tiki

I haven't seen Lehtonen play in the AHL but I did see him during preseason and he looked like a player that relies a bit too much on his natural abilities. That is he's more of a reflex goalie than he someone that gets into the right position every time, sees the ice etc. I fully expect those attributes to come in time but right now Miller is a much more fundamentally sound player in my book. Certainly you can use age/experience as a reason for this but when it comes down to it, I'd say Miller is a more NHL ready goalie at this point. As for the question of who's better, well does it really matter? They both look like they're going to be franchise netminders for the next decade, why quibble over who's better, right now, in the AHL?