View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 05:03 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
Sorry jl, because he makes fewer mistakes and is more physical.

Thanks for the game thread but you're off on this one.
I love the way Bouillon plays the game. His heart is enormous, but he's not an NHL defenceman. Add that to him being a 27-year-old journeyman, and I don't see why he should be playing over Hainsey. Ronner is one of the top-10 defensive prospects in the league, and if Julien continues to sit him, we may very well just ruin the best prospect we've seen in a long time.

I have no problem with #51 spotting Hainsey, or even Quintal, every four or five games, but there's no need for him to be a regular. He gives an effort out there, but effort won't always get you everything. There has to be a pro-level set of skills, too. If Bouillon couldn't make the Preds backline two years ago, he shouldn't be making the Habs'.

With our lacklustre powerplay, it gives CJ yet another reason to dress Hainsey. Have you payed close attention to Hainsey's work on the PP? He looks totally smooth and in control. He passes the puck as well as any of his teammates on the blueline, he has a nice shot, and he knows how to play offensively. If we the fans, and the management show faith in Mr. Hainsey, he will prove that he is very good defensively and has the ability to throw his body around. Did you follow the Calder Cup? Hainsey was a beast, far better than Komi.