Thread: Lundmark...
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2003, 05:09 PM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I think thats a bad idea. Guys like Lundmark and Moore, especially Lundy, are offensive players and cant find a rhythm offensively with 10 minutes of icetime. To get the most out of them, they need to be put into a position that takes advantage of their attributes. And that means being among the type 9 forwards and seeing some power play time. If you're counting on guys like Simon and Barnaby to provide offense for you ahead of Lundmark, then you're playing them out of position and not giving your youngsters a chance to develop. And when Sather clamps down in an "important" game and starts rolling 3 lines in the 3rd period, guess who will sit on the bench. All the young guys, while everyone else tires out and gives up another 3rd period lead.
I guess we'll just disagree because I think 10-12 minutes of ice time against other teams 4th lines is enough for some offense to be produced and get some offensive flow going. I'm not talking about 2-4 min in the first period here. Basically they'd be getting a regular shift all game, albeit with little PP time, but if guys like Simon can produce a few goals without PP time then Lundmark and Moore should be able to produce some offense also. LIKE I SAID, NOT OPTIMAL, but I'd settle for it and it would be a step in the right direction for this team without hurting their development IMO.