View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 12:43 AM
countrcultur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
More PK Subban than anything, his game needs refining but he is very receptive to coaching. He's like a wild stallion right now, but he still zipped a few passes across two lines today without thinking twice and looked extremely comfortable shooting the puck and setting up in the PP. Aggressiveness is there, you'd rather have that than take it away. Work in progress to be sure, but his skills are explosive. Dion is a blockhead who can't think the game, Dumba looks much more fluid out there, albeit very raw.

Dumba is the captain there and you can see with the interactions he has with his teammates, particularly Shinkaruk, that he has that infectious personality that spreads on to the ice. He soaks everything in and is a learner and listener. It looks like other players genuinely enjoy being around him and playing with him, can't say I could ever say that for Phaneuf - he seemed to march much more to his own drum. Dumba seems to have a very good head on his shoulders and is perptually upbeat. If Phaneuf hadn't had Brent Sutter to guide him and be on his ass every step of the way I honestly don't know where he'd be today - he had a hard time dealing with teammates at the beginning. Two totally different personalities.
well said. Matt seems very coachable I think. And his attitude is as you say, he was a great interview even down the stretch this season when things were going rough. Really good attitude and intelligent kid.

countrcultur is offline   Reply With Quote