View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Gaborik >>>>>>> Drury, I'll give you that.
A perennial 40 goal scorer is better than a third line defensive center and utilitarian special teams piece? I'm glad using your brain allows you to reach such advanced deductions.

I never wanted the Rangers to sign either player, actually, but I can still appreciate them for their value as players, independent of their contract.

Not sure what your problem with Gaborik is. Yeah, he's not a great player in many facets of the game, but if your issue is that the Rangers should have a "better," stronger all-around player filling their top goalscoring role, your issue should be with the management and their continued failure to draft or develop franchise offensive players. About the only reasonable complaint you can make otherwise is that the Rangers should have exercised patience and went for Kovalchuk instead, which is something that I could agree with. The fact is the Rangers were desperate to add a goalscorer. Not an easy hole to fill VIA trade or free agency. All things considered, they didn't so poorly. The guy they got may not do all that much, but he can still pot 40 goals a season. Heck, MOST "pure" goalscorers are overrated, somewhat one-dimensional players. Ovechkin, Stamkos, Carter, Nash, Kessel, Vanek, Eric Staal.