View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
flamebird

vCash: 500
After watching the Canada-USA U18 game, Jones looks like he's NHL ready (1st Viewing FYI). During the game it was brought up that he can apply for exceptional status to the NHL. Going somewhat OT, I think it would be good to see guys that are "ahead of their time" (comparable to kids the same age) such as Jones & McDavid in the league at an earlier point. However this would have to depending solely on the players decision and would have rules so that teams can't 'cheat' the system. The player himself would have to apply for exceptional status to be viewed by the league. If granted by the league, the team which the player goes to would HAVE TO stay with the NHL team for the first season, after which the team may decide to send the player back to major junior or semi-pro if the player wasn't Canadian. Just a random thought I'd throw out there, and I'm hoping someone else thinking the same thing might throw up ideas.

Going back to the topic of Jones, he will definitly be a player in the league one day, great combination of size and skill. Almost reminds me of a forward that is equally as good on defense. I can see him being equally as good as a forward as he is on defense