View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
This is how we've played all season. Clamping down and trying to squeeze as much mileage out of a small lead as possible, or digging deep and playing from behind for the come back (we're actually a better team that way, in my opinion... when we try to clam it up the urgency is gone and this ends up happening instead). It's not a great style of hockey for the playoffs, especially when you just don't have the caliber of scoring to keep up with a lot of the other teams.

I'm keeping the faith and we're not exactly in trouble yet; whether the third period is ugly or pretty, if we come out on top we're up 3-1 and anything can happen going forward in the rounds, but I will say that this team is lacking the significant offensive punch to make me feel like we're TRULY READY. That doesn't mean the stars can't align for us this year and, like I said, I'm keeping the faith, watching every minute and trying to stay positive. I'm just saying, we probably need to address our offensive potency and our lack of a killer instinct in the off season. We've got enough size and we're certainly a gritty, grind it out team, but we don't have that SNARL and we don't have the fire power I think we need to take it all the way.