View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
As a goalie, I think it's a myth that black tape hides the puck. For my own tape, I prefer white because it seems to "stick better" on composite sticks and lasts longer, it can take more of a beating from pucks, black seems to rip more easily from shots. I use black tape on my RBK Euro though because it looks badass, being all black with the gold on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
It may be a myth but it's much easier to read the puck off a white taped stick than a black taped stick. Black tape on your blade also sticks to the puck better (Granlund, Crosby, Jurco, Schremp, Ho-Sang all used black tape for their fancy moves). White tape up top, black tape rips up your gloves, at least it did for me one year and I never did it again.
I really don't see how you can make statements like that, it totally varies brand to brand. I mostly use Lowry (pro grade) and Renfrew (black and gold) tape. The white and black Lowry tapes are literally identical other than the colour. White vs. black Renfrew, I do notice a slight difference, the black seems to have a bit more of a gritty texture (more like sandpaper). There are no general qualities for white and black tape in general though re: texture, glue, durability, etc.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote