Thread: Berger: Luongo To Toronto?
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
MoeMoney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
No, the Canucks got within one game of it IN SPITE of Luongo. On paper, they were the much better team, Luongo is the reason Vancouver lost the Stanley Cup. Once a team gets in his head, he just breaks down.

See 2011 playoffs against Chicago: Up 3-0 in the series, then proceeds to get pulled in the next 3 games. And I don't think I need to remind anyone of the Cup Final, but I will: Up 2-0 in the series, only to allow 21 GA in the next 5 games, including an 8GA effort, and getting pulled twice.

Never seen a goalie perform as pathetically as Luongo in the playoffs.
The Canucks are a mentally weak team as Boston exposed so and ran over them in the finals last year, to pit the blame entirely on the goalie when his team left him out to dry is not fair IMO, it's not Luongos fault Kesler, Sedins, and their other top players folded when the going got tough. He's always to blame there and AV uses him as a scapegoat too many times to cover his own arse, he's not the reason they're about to be swept, it's AV way of saying hey it's Luongos fault I'm putting in Schnieder... As you saw in the last 3 games they are being out coached by Sutter, Period.