View Single Post
Old
04-18-2012, 11:15 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
Additional recruits from OJHL:

D Brendan Barletta - UOIT (Aurora OJHL - played with Oshawa OHL)
F Taylor Clements - Queens (St. Michael's OJHL - has played 14 games between OHL/QMJHL)
D Joseph Luongo - Queens (St. Michael's OJHL)
F Jordan Ramsay - UOIT (Toronto OJHL - has played 26 games with Sudbury OHL)

Laurier adds forward Ryan Lopes from Georgetown (OJHL).

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_47566

Lopes registered 52 points in 42 games with Georgetown after a bit of a slow start, as he was below a point a game for much of the first half. Prior to playing with Georgetown, Lopes played 170 games in the OHL between his 17 year old and 19 year old years, 2 full years with St. Michael's where he totaled 15 and 19 points, and one split between St. Michael's, Sudbury and Kitchener where he totaled 6. It is nice to see him score (second on Georgetown in points) after being primarily a role player in the OHL, better known for his defensive play and and great speed on the penalty kill. I am interested to see where he will play on the Laurier depth chart. I could see him being relied on as the 4th line center with much penalty killing responsibility, but if he shows some offense or plays the wing, he could move up as well. He is a guy I penciled in as being a CIS player, glad to see it will be with Laurier in the fall.

Last edited by blackmarketmob: 04-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.
blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote