View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Can someone explain if I'm understanding our D correctly. We can defend the hell out of the net. 31 shots with the amount of zone time The Sens are getting is miraculous. Add to that most of those are actually pretty harmless. Our D and forwards just can't get the puck out of their zone and transitioned to the offensive. Am I right? I mean, is it as simple as that? Why can't we get out of our zone and go into the Sens' zone? What's our problem? I can't say we're defending poorly. If I were a Sens fan I'd be frustrated as hell (even in this game even though they won). They just can't get out of the defensive zone and move into the offensive zone and put any sort of pressure on the Sens.
I think they blocked way over 30 shots. But that's their game. Collapse around the net and hope you get a piece of it.

Frankly, the coaching staff should have addressed breakouts many times this season. There's no support from the forwards on the breakout. They look for stretch passes, which get intercepted in the NZ, and that's a big mistake. You don't want to make mistakes against a speedy team in the NZ. Make them go 200ft for their goals. I don't think I've seen short quick passes to eachother in forever now. This team needs to sit down and watch a Red Wings game.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote