View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I don't see the point of having yip in when he gets six minutes of ice time and does absolutely nothing for those six minutes.

And I disagree with your argument about Wilson not being able to play on a fourth line roll.
Remember Tootoo-Spaling-Wilson

Or Ward-Smithson-Wilson?

We all know you hate Wilson but hed be a better choice to have in the lineup than Brandon ****ing Yip
Now I hate Wilson? Thanks for telling me what I think and feel.

As I've said, the kid has talent but wants to play his game, not the team's. His happiness with his game is why he is sitting because he isn't doing the work guys like Bourque and Halischuk have shown every day. When called out for the lack of "detail", the proper response if you want to see the game from inside the glass is to address that issue. Wilson took the opposite approach and is reaping the harvest of his actions.

Tootoo-Spaling-Wilson wasn't filling the same purpose as Yip is now. They were tasked to do the same thing as our current third line, provide secondary scoring. For a few weeks they were our hottest line ... but only a for few weeks in December when it looked like Toots might actually reach 10 goals in a season and he was expected to be a hockey player and not just a wrecking ball. Just like October and early November when Smith looked like a point per game player, until he went cold as well.

Wilson apparently didn't handle getting passed on the depth chart by new additions and a rookie who busts his butt every shift. Only he can do the work to get himself back up the depth chart. He has the talent and natural skills to be a very good player in this league, but, that requires a work ethic and maturity level that isn't evident yet. It's up to him.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote