View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I used to play a fair amount at the rinks in Hendersonville and I remember the set up was pretty decent, including the surface. But after the 2010 flood I haven't seen how it turned out as I've been out of town for most of the time since then. I assume it's playable.....

I went to LaVergne to play a few times when I was younger and from what I remember it wasn't on par with what Hendersonville turned out to be.
I live right next to the H'ville rinks. The only time I don't see kids out there playing is during the school day. Every night and all weekend the rinks are in use, even if it's just casual pickup play.

Definitely superior to Lavergne, which while I was very grateful to have plenty of access to, just seemed like a weird place to put a rink. I heard at the time that Smyrna was offered the opportunity (at Lee Victory Rec Park on Sam Ridley) but turned it down. It was only two years into the Preds existence so the town of Smyrna likely didn't have the foresight to go ahead with something like a hockey rink.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote