Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
How's this for starters:
Stepan
Dubinsky
Del Zotto
Anisimov
Gaborik

Stepan has been far and away the most invisible and biggest disappointment thus far. For a player who has put up close to 100 points his first 2 regular seasons, this is his 2nd straight pathetic playoffs performance. I'm not sure about him anymore going forward.

Dubinsky is another story; he's never been the brightest bulb in the box with his mindless decisions on the ice but he always worked hard defensively and on puck possession. I'm not sure if he'll ever return to the 20/30 guy he was 2 years ago.

Anisimov to me is just yet another in a long line of Russian enigmas.
He has size, ability and is defensively aware but I don't see his ceiling as all that high.

Del Zotto had a wonderful regular season and is invaluable offensively to the Rangers. However, he still makes lousy decisions in the defensive zone and he needs to improve a lot if he ever is going to be an effective point man on the power play.

Gaborik is what he is; a gifted goal scorer who played all 82 games but he is unable to create for himself, is a lousy puck handler and has a tendency to disappear when the checking gets tight and the play gets more physical in the playoffs.

Thoughts? Did I leave anyone else out?
I pretty much agree with all of this. I think Dubi and AA will be gone in the summer. Stepan will probably get a pass because he's younger but showing improvement next year is critical for him. MDZ will stay because he is our only true puckmoving dman. Gaborik won't be resigned when his contract ends.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote