View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Propane Nightmares
Spirit Shine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The only thing I'm worried about is losing my teeth. I just spent ages getting braces etc. Sound silly I know.

I told myself I was going to it after the season, which I think is just gone. So, I'll probably e-mail some time in the next week or two. I can't skate, so I'll have to learn that. Or go down a different route of the office side.
If it bothers you that much then just wear a full cage, plenty of guys do, or just try to play in goal if the cost isn't too much of a problem. First step is of course learning to skate, then when you fell you are ready buy some equipment, I'm sure there will be beginner rec teams in the rinks near you.

The season is just about to end, it would be best to contact them soon so if you're going for a manager role they can get you a place on a course in the summer. If you go down the office side you would probably have to start out as a manager and get to know the club before they would give you a secretary or treasurer type role. It's possible to work your way up outside the club within the system also, the manager of my team is in charge of disciplinary in the EPIHL, so he's basically the Shanahan of that league. You don't get paid but you get given perks, he got a free VIP ticket to the Coventry finals weekend.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-19-2012 at 03:37 PM.