View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 03:37 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I'm not worried about Kreider.

Who is the Sens offensive talent? Alfredsson is out.

They're a team of grinders too. Spezza and Turris have talent and the rest of their forwards are bangers. Karlsson is an elite puck mover, for sure, but MDZ isn't a complete slouch. Richards and Gaborik should be a more dangerous duo than Spezza and Turris. After that, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle, Septan... can't be any less offensively gifted than Foligno, Condra, Butler, Smith, Greening, etc.

I'm not saying we're an offensively talented team, so don't get me wrong. I'm just saying the Sens aren't REALLY one either yet they somehow can attack, attack, attack.

And I'm not saying we should play all attack either. I'm just saying we need to sustain more offensive zone pressure. The puck is in our own end too long for us to win. It's pretty simple. We can block all those shots and play "our game" in our end, but we still can't let the puck spend that much time in our zone. We have to take some pressure off by playing in their end a bit more.
I don't disagree with entire post.
What I disagree with is one have to change his team game based on score. OTT was down 0-2, yet they continued to play thier game. So they attacked. Torts continued to play NYR game, i.e to defend. That is it!

94now is offline   Reply With Quote