View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
It was kind of annoying seeing so many people jump on the bandwagon. The Eagles had a disaster season, the Sixers are falling apart, and the Phils are off to a slow start...once the Flyers won game 2, desperate philadephia fans who usually dont follow the flyers jumped right on board the "crosby sucks" train.

I loved seeing Crosby lose it in game 3, but the a lot of the aftermath was people wanting something to feel good about, and it got carried away.

All week there have been a lot of "I dont normally watch hockey, but..." calls on WIP.
Is that a bad thing? I like hockey a lot and discussing it with people when they are at least somewhat knowledgable about is nice. So the more people the merrier. Is it really a bandwagon if they never followed hockey before but root for all the other Philly sports? Maybe they like it so much they actually follow it more and more. I never understood the elitist attitude some people have when talking about sports like they are a better fan then others because they followed it longer or are more up to speed about the game.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote