View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Montreal does have someone: Timmins.
I think you're right, that's also part of his job.

I also can't help but think that if the real problem was development, that the players that we've traded wouldn't suceed as soon as they're traded.

Most of these guys have done just fine in junior, AHL and then... I don't know it seems like the main problem is actually putting guys in a position to suceed at the NHL level but alot of them were already good players just undervalued due to lack of quality icetime/linemates. I would tend to think that if those guys were badly devellopped overall they would have been more of a long term project for the team getting them than an instant success.

Our problem seems to be more a mix of failure to put players in position to succeed, an undervaluing of our asset's value and, a very good point someone made in another thread that doesn't get bring up very often: the inability to indentify our good players and what makes a player good. Seems like management has acted like the average fan in their player evaluation a couple of times in the last few of years so I guess that's a good thing that they all just got fired.

Though I'll say, considering the money advantage we have on some teams, it can't be a bad idea to invest more in such an important thing.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote