View Single Post
Old
03-10-2006, 10:58 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
New guys in town (Johnsson getting better?)

Quote:
Gauthier, Dimitrakos take part in first practice with the team

by Kevin Kurz, philadelphiaflyers.com

Voorhees, NJ – Despite being traded from one side of the country to the other, new Flyers defenseman Denis Gauthier and right wing Niko Dimitrakos were already in town on Friday morning to take part in their first practice with their new teammates. Gauthier’s flight from Phoenix landed Thursday night, while Dimitrakos took the red-eye, arriving around 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning.

Both are happy to be in town with their new team. Gauthier is excited to play for a squad that will be involved in the postseason, while Dimitrakos is excited to get a fresh start after some ups and downs with the San Jose Sharks.

“I wanted it to work out in Phoenix, but if there’s a team that fits my style, Philadelphia is right at the top of the list,” said Gauthier. “It’s always a place I’ve always wanted to go ever since my draft day because of my style of play. I was excited to have a chance to be back in the playoffs and have a chance at the Stanley Cup.”
Johnsson Getting Better

Kim Johnsson, who has been out of the lineup with post-concussion symptoms, may be on the mend.

“He is going to get some more testing [Friday] afternoon to see where he is,” said Flyers Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach Jim McCrossin. “The doctors and medical staff feel like we’re going to see improvement. Kim is staring to see improvement. Does that say that he’s going to be coming back? I really hope so. I feel that we’re starting to improve and that he’s getting better.”

Friday, March 10, 2006
http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2485.asp