View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1944 View Post
Luongo will be gone. Don't worry. Funny ripping that newspaper story I was quoting. You might wanna read any of the numerous articles from the Sun or Province where the managements talks about being in love with Schneider. Also, if he signed a an offer sheet, the team will match. I love the thought that they can't trade Luongo, ever hear of Gomez. If it came to it, I'm sure the team would throw in high pick or prospect for someone to take him. They aren't trading him. Sorry.
I never said they could never trade Luongo. I said dont say they wont trade Schneider.

And do you really think Vancouver is going to want to pay two goalies 9M+ a year combined? If Schneider wants out, to be a number 1, if he signs an offer sheet in the 4M-4.5M a year range. No way Vancouver matches unless they already have a taker for Luongo, which, as long as Schneider is a RFA, no one is going to trade for Luongo just yet. Its a catch 22, and the one with all the power is Schneider really. Not Gillis or anyone else.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote