View Single Post
Old
04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Rocky-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I never said they could never trade Luongo. I said dont say they wont trade Schneider.

And do you really think Vancouver is going to want to pay two goalies 9M+ a year combined? If Schneider wants out, to be a number 1, if he signs an offer sheet in the 4M-4.5M a year range. No way Vancouver matches unless they already have a taker for Luongo, which, as long as Schneider is a RFA, no one is going to trade for Luongo just yet. Its a catch 22, and the one with all the power is Schneider really. Not Gillis or anyone else.
Absolutely they match- no question there. Vancouver's owner is a billionaire- he can bury Luongo in the minors if he wants to although I don't see that. I see Luongo providing a list of teams he would go to and the Canucks accomodating him. They have already made Schneider #1. Schneider has publicly stated he loves Vancouver, the fans and would love to stay long term. Again- Schneider isn't going anywhere no matter how much you wish him to and how little you want to get him for. Sorry offer sheets won't do it.

Rocky- is offline   Reply With Quote