View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 05:55 AM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
He's been shuffled around on so many different lines though. That can't help. .
I agree with most of your post.

You mentioned something that I feel has some truth but, is an excuse, line shuffling. Anyone that has played competitive hockey will agree, when you play at a higher level then what you are used to (and dominated) you simplfy your game.

The guys may not be the same from shift to shift, so you simplify. You play a bit tougher and more defensive. The point is that if the opposition doesn't make a monkey out of you one on one and you keep them off the board, you haven't been a hiderence to your team.

As the games rack up, you get more confidence, you start to hold on to the puck more, and you start to create.

The guy has to bring it, every shift. Otherwise, he will ride the pine. As for the Ryder comparison....if only Hossa would be as much of a presence as Ryder has been. That guy seems to learn when a coach/gm whispers in his ear. Hossa....still intimidated.

Guys give up the puck quick because they do not want to make mistakes. "If someone else gets the puck and makes a mistake, at least it ain't me."