View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 12:42 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Good to hear. Yeah again, hope he's on Team Sweden for the WC.

I've heard the Backstrom comparison but I thought maybe that's just because of the Brynas connection. RWC.com compares him to Zetterberg. Nice sentiment. What about Claude Giroux?
Next stop should be the Czech Hockey Games April 26th for games against Finland, Russia and Czech Republic. I'm personally rooting for a Silfverberg-Jarnkrok-Landeskog line.

A faster but smaller right handed version of Backstrom would be the closest I can come up with. Neither Backstrom or Jarnkrok likes to shoot the puck as much as Z does, but at the same time have somewhat underrated and underused shots. Carries the puck almost identical and does similar turns with the puck in the O-zone.

Giroux feels like a much flashier player to me. It's a little tricky to compare players playing on big ice to small ice though, it's easier to relate to players you've seen play on the big ice aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Anyone else wondering if Nyquist may get the call to play in the WC?
Good question. It's not impossible but I wouldn't count on it. We'll know a lot more about the Swedish team once this first playoff round is over.