View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Zorin

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
As for Pulkkinen: Would Ray Sheppard be a good comparison? I mean, he was not a great skater at all but had a nose for finding open spots, had a good shot and simply put the puck in the net. That is the same sentiment I get from the reports on Pulk...

Anyway I think the wings' farm looks as good as it has in about 20 years. Since the Lidströms, Fedorovs, Kozlovs and so on graduated there have been very few times with many guys looking like futer NHLers - let alone future potential stars like a Smith, Nyquist, Jarnkrök, Jurco do. We have a lot of guys who have their little weaknesses but could turn out to be homeruns like Mrazek, Marchenko, Pulkkinen, Sproul, Tvrdon, Jensen or Backman. And then there is a truckload of rock solid bottom half players - most with the potential to even become some sort of offensive guys down the road like Sheahan, Tatar, Ferraro, Ouellet, Andersson or Aubry and then some potential role players like Callahan or Nedomlel. And even Almquist and Marshall should not be ruled out completely despite obvious shortcomings size-wise. But they have pretty obvious skill and proved themselves on pretty good levels already.

Next few years will be interesting and I think the wings will be able to fill a lot of voids from within in the comig seasons!