View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 02:46 AM
FabricDetails

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Next stop should be the Czech Hockey Games April 26th for games against Finland, Russia and Czech Republic. I'm personally rooting for a Silfverberg-Jarnkrok-Landeskog line.

A faster but smaller right handed version of Backstrom would be the closest I can come up with. Neither Backstrom or Jarnkrok likes to shoot the puck as much as Z does, but at the same time have somewhat underrated and underused shots. Carries the puck almost identical and does similar turns with the puck in the O-zone.

Giroux feels like a much flashier player to me. It's a little tricky to compare players playing on big ice to small ice though, it's easier to relate to players you've seen play on the big ice aswell.
Good stuff. Good stuff.

I hope Jarnkrok gets an A on his jersey next year.

This also was a fun read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Järnkrok i more of a play maker and has a weaker and more inacurate shot than Silfverberg. Although that might not tell you much because Silfverbergs shot is really on another planet. Silfverberg is good at reading the play, but is not really near Järnkroks level. Järnkrok posseses that mysterious thing called "hockey sense" and has loads of it to boot. Brynäs has the best power pay in the league and much of that runs through Järnkrok.

When Järnkrok is really on his game, some nights, he looks like the puppet master and the other team just has to dance at his will. That is imo what sets him apart from Silfverberg the most and wich leads me to believe his upside is higher. Their skating is on par although Järnkrok has better latteral movement and is better at sliping through holes in the other teams defense. He is however, weaker defensively than Silfverberg, and much of that can be attributed to his rather modest frame. He gets pushed arround a lot in the defensive zone but when he gets hold of the puck it often leads to a chance the other way. Silfverberg also posseses that game changing ability that Järnkrok does not, at least not to the same extent. Silfverberg also has very good leadership qualities that Järnkrok seems to lack.

Both are prone to dissapear at times in games but often recover well and are able to give Brynäs the W.

Hope that helps.
Goood, goood... Something something dark side...