View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
we'll see, i have my doubts that many teams would pick up Cammy when he's going to be paid 14M. Perhaps a team that feels they are close but need a sniper but have cap space, money to burn and are ok with a soft one trick pony.

I'd rather have a top 40 pick next year then say 15th this year. Better to have a later pick in what could be a great draft, then a good pick in what could be a weak draft. It's all a gamble as we don't know what these drafts will yield over the next 10+ years. But at the end of the day, I'm happy with getting a 2nd next year, hope it works out well for us, I can understand wanting more but for a player like Cammy I don't think we could have gotten much more as I couldn't stand watching him play, so for me when I can't stand watching a player it tells me all I need to know.

But since I know this will never end, I will say we should have gotten more, damn that PG, what a jerk... booo!!!
Yeah the way Cammy was playing I can't see us doing any better than the Calgary trade. He had history there and they were desperate.

I'd still rather have a #15 this year than #35-40 next year even if they are pretty close for 2 reasons. 1-drafts often look better 2 years down the road and you project all 16 year olds to progress in a linear fashion at 17 and not get hurt, this year's draft had solid depth before 4-5 guys had crappy yaers and 4-5 more got hurt. 2-If the prospects are equal I'd rather have a guy one year closer to playing in the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote