View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 10:30 AM
hoosierpred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierpred View Post
responding to quote "Our depth is why he is sitting."

i'm suggesting that what we have as a team might be different enough to justify a different strategy. The playoff paradigm has been that big stars need to play big minutes in the playoffs, but that paradigm has usually been true because teams had 1rst and 2nd lines that were obviously much better than their third lines offensively. But the strength of our team is having very good, (but not superstar) lines all the way down the bench. I think we are the very deepest team in the playoffs by far. If we try to match other teams strategy, I can see us wearing out our top lines that need to forecheck very hard to be effective. I think that very thing happened against Vancouver last year. Instead, why not play to our strength. Have everyone play like freaking maniacs when they are on the ice, knowing that they are going to get some time off to recuperate throughout the series, and that it doesn't mean any demotion of any type.
Not using a depth strategy risks things like this boiling over.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-over-benching

Now, don't get me wrong. Tootoo probably deserved to sit a game for losing his cool in response to Zetterberg stealing his stick, but sitting for most of the playoffs while you've worked hard for the team the whole year is bound to breed resentment, and that sort of resentment is not good for the team in the long run.

hoosierpred is offline   Reply With Quote