View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 10:48 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I think you make an excellent point here. Thanks for putting this together. Here is the problem that I am having with Dubinsky. Before this year, even when he was not scoring, he was doing things, often very visible, to help the team win. A game at Calgary at the start of the season was the perfect example.

Dubinsky takes the puck off a pass in his own zone skates around defenders into the Flames zone. Dubinsky maintains possession, makes a pass to Girardi who makes a slap pass around the net to an undefended McD, who easily puts the puck home.

Dubinsky was always good at bringing the passion. That's what created the play above. That is what is lacking now. We've seen very little in the way of strong effort from Dubinsky this year. Anyone who is a fan of Dubinsky understands that he is having a bad season, but something is different. There is very little attack to his game. Seemingly very little passion. Before the playoffs started, Dubinsky promised that he would be a factor.

It's easy for a fan to say this. I understand that. But if the puck is not going in , just keep shooting it. Keep driving the net. Keep banging the body. If nothing else, grab the puck, take it into a corner, and hold it there.

The Rangers can win w/o Dubinsky playing his usual game, but it will be that much tougher. We have to stop hearing words from this guy and start seeing something on the ice.
Dubinsky did something similar to this get the puck deep on Boyle's goal in Game 3. Dubi wins a battle to the puck in his own zone, avoids two checks in the neutral zone, and gets the puck deep while being hit by Gonchar which enables Cally to retrieve the puck on the forecheck.

I think the passion is still there. If it wasn't, he would have just stood around in Game 2 while Carkner beat on Boyle.

However, what is often missing is his brain. He overthinks things and hesitates. His decision-making, which was never so exceptional to begin with, was pretty poor this year. It took him awhile to score his first goal this year and it probably messed with his head a bit. Lack of confidence has been a major issue for him this year.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote