View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Goaltending

I don't like using canon as the reason one guy is specifically better than another, but again, I don't see a way to compare Jiri Holecek and Tom Barrasso. Holecek was the 18th goalie selected, and Barrasso was the 31st goalie taken. I think you got good value on Barrasso where you selected him, but I think Holecek is the better goalie. I don't see either goalie playing a significant role in the series. Here's the post I had on Holecek in my first series, and the argument why some believe he was a better goalie than Tretiak:

Quote:
The biggest thing is that Holecek was voted the best goalie at the World Championships, and was elected to the World Championships all star team more often than Tretiak. He was elected the best goalie in the World Championships five times, whereas Tretiak only won the honor 3 times. Seth Martin won it four times, but in a highly questionable era in terms of competition. The only other player(of any position) to be named the best at the World Championships five times is Fetisov at defense. He was also named to the World Championships All-Star team 5 times to Tretiak's 3. His 5 elections is the most all-time among goalies. And Bobby Hull said he was the best goalie in the world, better than Tretiak and Dryden if that means anything.
Philadelphia has the advantage in goal. I never would have thought I would have a definitive edge in goaltending in both of my first two series, but I do.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote