View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 11:10 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Coaching

I don't have much to say about coaching. I've accepted the fact that I'll probably have the worse coach in every matchup I have. But, I really don't think this is a problem. My team is not worried about matching up much against the other team. We'll try to keep Gordie Howe away from Ching Johnson, Marty Pavelich, and Reg Noble. That's basically it. But, we're not afraid of these matchups. If we can get Howe away from them, then Howe will feast on Tommy Smith and George Hay. If not, we're not terribly worried about it. I'd like to know how much Chicago plans on using Pavelich and his line as a shutdown line against my top 6(specifically Howe and Dye). If they plan on doing that a lot, I think it will really limit the effectiveness of the 2nd line, which includes possibly Chicago's 2nd and 3rd best offensive players. By playing the 3rd line often, it will mean less time for the offensive lines in the top 6. Also, Chicago's first line is the only other line they could pass off as a sort of checking line because of Reg Noble and Morenz at center. If they try to use them in a more defensive role, it will limit their offensive effectiveness as well.

We're comfortable having either the Salming or Goodfellow pairing facing Morenz/Cook. We really don't have much of a preference.

On to the actual coaches, Ivan is the better coach. He seemed to like to let the players play, and let them do what they like best. Ruff will basically be acting as a motivator to keep the guys playing hard, and consistent.

One thing I noticed in Fredrickson's bio is that he was rather high-strung and high-maintenance. So, I think you probably got a good coach for him in Ivan, who will let Frank be Frank, and let him play. He should be a good fit there.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote