View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 02:02 PM
GreenHornet

vCash: 500
While I really and truly appreciate everything the Predators fans and organ-I-zation have done to reach out to Thrashers fans and will be eternally grateful, I don't know that I can ever be fully, 100 percent converted.

Don't get me wrong, there is no other team I'd rather see win the Stanley Cup than the Preds. But it just wouldn't be the same as if it were an Atlanta team that won it. To paraphrase what someone famous once said, "I'm Atlanta born and Atlanta bred. And when I die, I'll be Atlanta dead."

I hope you folks understand. While it's easy for me to cheer for the Preds, it's something different to have a total emotional investment for a team from a city about 4 hours away that I've only visited a handful of times. I can understand where my fellow Thrashers refugees who have converted their allegiance are coming from, especially those who were able to go to a game or more in Nashvegas this year. But to me that's the point. It's a different city in a different state from where my roots are.

To me, the Predators will always be the salve that helped ease the pain of being stabbed in the back repeatedly by A$G and the NHL. But unless Atlanta ever gets another team (and I'm not holding my breath), the wounds will never fully heal.

Maybe I'm being too bitter, but that's how I feel.

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote