Thread: Great Britain: Hockey in Britain part 2
View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
PuddlesTheDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Yes but I highly doubt those Canadian teams have to pay 65 (more than 100 USD) a month for 1 hour 15 minutes of practice a week and 12 home games a season like I do. When I was a junior I paid 50 a month for 50 minutes of practice a week (plus a goalie specific session every now and again) and 8 home games

Hockey has to be slotted in around public sessions and figure skating, the rink simply makes more money from them, hence they charge us so much for the ice to make up for that.

Very few of our rinks are run by the council, a majority of them are run by greedy ***** aka Planet Ice The Swindon rink where the Okanagan Academy is being held is council run, Steve Nell the Wildcats GM buys all the ice time from the council then sells it to whoever wants it, I love that he has basically said **** you to the figure skaters and is taking all their ice away for the Academy

I can't remember who runs Whitely Bay, but that was a joke, the ice was horrific and the paint had basically chipped off all the ice, but they refused to try and remedy the ice and the paint because they made too much from the skating sessions before and after games

A damned shame too as trips to WB were always great when we played the Vipers.