View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Ice time is about $200/hr minor hockey, ringette, figure skating, speed skating getting a break but not free. Youth sports
Usually covered in the yearly registration fee of about..... When my kids played it was about $300/season to a maximum of $500 if there was 3 or more in the family registered.
For about 28 games plus twice weekly practices. The minor association also has on staff skills development and technical directors....part-time.
Exactly, I pay more than that per season in for much less ice time, I don't even want to convert that into dollars because it would make me too mad and kids don't even get support with paying, if you cant pay = bye bye. One really talented player from Swindon was Danny Williams who had to quit at 16, he spent I think 4 years at a school called HCC in Canada and got kicked out for non-hockey related reasons. When he came back to Swindon I got told his dad wouldn't pay for him anymore because he had been kicked out of HCC, so he had to pay for hockey himself, eventually he couldn't afford it anymore and they wouldn't let him play, he was registered for the EPIHL team where he wouldn't have had to pay to play but they told him no you're a junior player you have to pay junior fees in order to play for the Wildcats.

Don't quote me on all that though, it's just what I heard.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.