View Single Post
Old
04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
I don't agree with that at all. Every year people seem to make this assumption but we outhit our opposition often, even in "high hitting" series. E, Kronner, Stuart, Franzen (when he tries), Dats, Abby, Cleary... the list goes on. When they are playing with passion against a team that's hitting... they can give it right back.
And I disagree with your disagreement. I know that this is a touchy topic for some Wings fans who feel that our team is as physical as any other team, but I don't see it that way. We only have a few guys who consistently bring physicality to every game (I'd go w/ Stuart, Abby, Helm, maybe a few others), and IMO, the other guys you listed pick their spots. Kronwall's hitting reminds me of Rob Deer for the early '90's Tigers- Deer was an all-or-nothing hitter who'd go yard once every few games, and strike out the rest of the time- Kronwall catches somebody once every 3-5 games coming out of his own zone w/ his head down, and the other games (and in his own zone) he does virtually no hitting.

I'm of the belief that our top 6 rarely puts much physical stress on the opposition's top D-men, and our top D pairing hasn't really physically worn down the opponent's top line. I'm hoping over time that our lineup gets more physicality injected into it. IMO, most of the other series going on right have a level of intense physicality that the Wings don't bring to the ice.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote