Old
04-20-2012, 09:05 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
What do you qualify as better?

Bourque is in the NHL, other two are not. So not the most fair comparison right now.

In terms of upside, Budish, if he stays healthy, can become an excellent second line power forward who can at times fill in on the 1st line.

Bourque does not have Budish"s size or power forward game(although he is physical). Considering how rare and important power forwards are, I'll take Budish any day of the week.

Beck is a wild card. If he improves his skating and individual play-making he can become a very solid scoring forward.

Again, half an NHL season and 4 playoff games do not make a player (see Craig Smith). The Rangers had Prucha score 30 in his rookie season... He is in the Khl now. I'm sure Bourque is an NHL player... I just don't see him scoring at this playoff pace long term.
well lets see bourque is in the NHL AND playing a top 6 role in the playoffs as a ROOKIE. beck and budish are well......not. I see that as a very fair comparison when debating which prospect is better. obiously bourque has developed faster/better than beck and budish so far..... thats like saying blum is better than josi bcuz blum is in the AHL and can potentially be better, while Josi is in the NHL playing as a number 3/4 on the second pairing.

logic is flawed

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote