View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Cautionary Dream

Just awoke from a scary dream - a cautionary tale. End of the first period, down 3-0. Announcers talking about "scoring the next goal to get right back in it..." and I wake up -

My thoughts: Play with purpose tonight. Draw first blood - early hits, early PP, early goal. Feed off the energy of what will be a fever pitch MSG crowd.

Gentlemen, we're going to find out who not only "wants it more" - but who is equipped to step up and define their legacy with action.

In watching the playoffs, nearly every game is decided by a single shift, a single stride. The margin for error is so slight - a single error changes the complexion of the game unlike any other sport. There is no reset, no line of scrimmage, no pitcher's mound. This game is in real time, one bad bounce and the game drastically changes. We have to put ourselves in an optimal position to get that "good bounce" - play harder, generate more quality scoring chances, limit mistakes - and leave the rest up to the hockey gods.

Seize the moment. We're going to do it tonight - I just hope with a bit more ease than my prediction:

Rangers 2-1, in overtime