View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
well lets see bourque is in the NHL AND playing a top 6 role in the playoffs as a ROOKIE. beck and budish are well......not. I see that as a very fair comparison when debating which prospect is better. obiously bourque has developed faster/better than beck and budish so far..... thats like saying blum is better than josi bcuz blum is in the AHL and can potentially be better, while Josi is in the NHL playing as a number 3/4 on the second pairing.

logic is flawed
The other posters logic isn't flawed. Your logic is only looking at right now. When debating prospects it's long term potential and where they'll be down the road in their career. While I love Bourque and his game right now, no one knows who will be better between the three of them. The other thing to think about is power forwards, Budish, take longer to develop and find their games. That has always been the case. Of the three, I think Beck will end up being the best of the three. Bourque is a solid two way player for sure but Beck has natural goal scorer ability. What ends up happening is anyone's guess but I agree with other poster's view point on how to evaluate a prospect.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote