View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 10:39 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmechanic View Post
Seconding AIREAYE, get the one that fits better. I used to wear Vapor because it seemed like the "hot" skate that everyone had and it didn't fit me very well. Finally, I switched to Supreme which fit me a lot better. I should have gotten the right fit the first time. Instead I wasted a lot of money and time wearing the wrong skate.

Supreme is a deeper skate compared to Vapor, and runs a half size smaller (e.g. if you compare a Supreme and Vapor skate of the same foot length, the Supreme skate will be marked a half size smaller).

The fancy top-of-the-line skates will fit differently compared to the rest of the line, due to the different heat moldable material. But it sounds like you don't need to worry about that since you're considering the intermediate level skates.

You said you wore Easton/CCM skates previously? You might want to consider whether you like a neutral stance or a more aggressive stance. One of my friends claimed that Easton is pitched forward, so you are more on your toes (aggressive stance). The Bauer Supreme has a neutral pitch, so you're sitting back more on your heels.
I've heard that some people find Supreme sizing a little bit off too, but from what I've been doing, it's inconsistent. all the more important to try them on. I wouldn't say the top-end guys fit differently, but they definitely will feel different! The Synergies* have a bit of a forward pitch, so do the Vapors. Whether or not it will be noticeable depends on the player.

Johnny, the speed thing is pure marketing, nothing else. Just as the Supreme skate is marketed for a 'power skater maximizing every stride'. Fit is the difference, that's it. Why not try a good mid-end skate? A stiffer skate will give him better energy transfer, so maybe look at skates in the range of the One60-70/One.6-.7 or Vapor X3.0-4.0? Again, doesn't have to be Bauer.