View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 01:03 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Oleksiak took about 3 shots in the part of the game I saw. Two made it through heavy traffic and on net. The third made it through traffic and was just wide. He was very eager to shoot including calling for the puck. Defensively ... he's a black hole in front of the net. In the short time I saw him, people never got close to the net because he was so good with his stick. Along the boards he wins most puck battles and he effectively clears the zone without turning the puck over. I don't think he left the ice for the final 2:30 minutes of the third period. He was finishing off a penalty kill with a little more than a minute to go. He then stayed on the ice to finish the third with Dougie Hamiltion (the only time I saw those two paired together).

He was on the ice for the goal against, but he wasn't involved in the goal. His D partner went behind the net with an Ottawa player and lost a puck battle. The player threw the puck in front of the net. The goalie was guarding the post well, but his 5 hole was open. The puck hit the outside of his knee and went through his open 5 hole.

Brett Richie was very active also taking 3 shots. He seems to play on the third line, and he consistently crashes the net. His first and best scoring chance I saw was him splitting the D in tight and crashing the net. He was unable to elevate over the goalie. His shots created rebound chances though, and a rebound from his shot at the top of the circle resulted in the game winner in OT. Defensively, he tracked back and didn’t give opposing players much space. He didn’t get the puck out of the zone on one attempt resulting in the Icedogs getting stuck in their zone for even longer.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote