View Single Post
Old
04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
It's only in the past week that I actually had a real position assigned to me - RW. The other game, it was entirely a matter of 'next person on the bench replaces whoever just came off the ice' so I did LW, RW, C.

We haven't done much as far as working out where people should be, other than "try to make a triangle between LW/RW/C" so that someone can be in a good position to receive a pass or shoot on the goal. We're starting to get more into that as the weeks go one, the first 5 weeks have been mostly getting the basics down.

I haven't done Polar Ice on Saturday, I may do that over the summer when I don't mind getting up so early on the weekends. I'm up at 4:30 every morning during the school year, and the Friday evening stick time is on my way home from work. I did try a Monday one last week and...ugh, never again. It was 95% teens and little kids, and half of the ice was taken up by a scrimmage. Friday has more adults and I've found someone to work with each time. Monday I was just in everyone's way.

I'm both terrified and excited. I repeated multiple times that I'm still new and often don't know what I'm doing, but they really need the players, I guess...and if they have the choice of playing with me or not being able to do the tournament, maybe it's worth it to them.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote